Maybe you have an old sock lying around. Is it time to throw it away? Of course not! Practice bal tashchit, not wasting needlessly, and turn it into a little bunny friend.
This Activity Works With These Books
- Single sock
- Permanent marker
- Expired dry goods like rice or lentils
- Fill a sock with rice or lentils, just above the heel. Tie yarn at the top.
- Now tie yarn just below the heel of the sock, cinching it to create a distinct head and body.
- Above the head is the cuff of the sock. Pinch the cuff together and cut down the middle to make some ears.
- Draw a face on your bunny.
- Now you’ve turned something new into something old! Nice work!
July 5, 2022