If your family is inviting guests for a special Rosh Hashanah meal, offer them a sweet treat for a sweet new year!
This Activity Works With These Books:
- 4 apples
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey (plus more for drizzling)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Carefully core the apples with a paring knife (a grown-up’s job).
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the butter, honey, oats, and raisins together in a small bowl, then scoop the mixture into the cored apples.
- Brush apples with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Arrange apples in a baking dish or cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until apple pierces easily
- with a sharp knife.
- Cool for a few minutes, drizzle with a little more honey, and enjoy!
TIP: This recipe also works great with pears!
Make Your Own Rosh Hashanah Cards
An Easy and Sweet Round Challah Recipe for Rosh Hashanah
How to Braid a Round Challah for Rosh Hashanah
The 2019 Quick Guide to Celebrating Rosh Hashanah With Kids
Find more High Holidays crafts and activities on the PJ Library Rosh Hashanah hub.
September 27, 2019