Got a new neighbor on your street, or a new kid in your class? Help them plant roots in your community — make them a welcome card.
Or, if you're inviting guests to your sukkah for the first time, make them a special card to welcome them in. You can find more Sukkot activities for kids on the PJ Library Sukkot hub.
This Activity Works With These Books:
- 1 piece of thick paper or cardstock
- Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- Fold the piece of paper in half to make a card.
- On the front of the card, draw a picture of yourself (or your whole family!).
- Above the picture, write “Welcome” in several languages. Ask your parents to help look up the words online.
- Inside the card, write a short message — something like “I’m excited to get to
- know you” or “I hope you like it here!”
- Add other decorations, if you’d like.
- Give the card to a new family in your neighborhood or a new student in your class at school to make them feel welcome.
Helping Kids Welcome Guests
October 3, 2019