Looking for an easy week-night recipe that kids can help with? How about a fast Sunday afternoon lunch? Or the perfect, easy to double, recipe for a Shabbat get-together with friends?
If you’ve been listening to PJ Library’s new storytelling podcast, Have I Got a Story For You, you may be curious about the scrumptious “bagel burgers” discussed in the episode “Rena’s Restaurant Reviews.” Well, now you can make your own delicious bagel burgers at home – and customize them to your heart’s content without any worry about a grumpy chef.
Take a listen to the episode and try your hand at making the bagel burgers below:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground beef patties, 85% lean (about 4 formed patties)
1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
4 bagels, sliced in half and toasted
1 large tomato
1 cup spring mix lettuce
¼ cup pickle slices
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium/high heat.
- Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on both sides of the patties.
- Place the patties into the skillet to cook about two minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Place your cooked patties on toasted bagels, and garnish with tomato, lettuce, and pickles
- Share with friends as you listen to the “Rena’s Restaurant Reviews,” a new episode from PJ Library’s podcast, Have I Got A Story For You.
TIP: Would you like to up the ante and try making your very own, from scratch, bagels? Find recipes and a How-to video in PJ Library’s “Beyond the Books” video series.
TIP #2: You can also make a bagel burger vegetarian by using your favorite veggie patties, or trying this black bean and squash recipe from Jewish Food Experience.
November 5, 2019