Looking for a grab and go breakfast to enjoy during Passover? These easy, make-ahead, treats are healthy and packed with protein to keep you full and energized. They make a great after school snack too!
3 ounces dried apple slices
1 ½ cups hot water
½ cup pitted dates
½ cup walnuts
½ cup matzo meal, divided
½ teaspoon of cinammon
¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- In a medium bowl, soak the dried apples in the hot water until they are softened and reconstituted. Drain the apples, but reserve the liquid.
- In a food processor, pulse together the drained apples, dates, walnuts, half of the matzo meal, and cinnamon until it comes together.
- Add the reserved apple liquid, one tablespoon at a time, to help bind the ingredients. You should only need one to two tablespoons of liquid to do so.
- Use a spoon to scoop about one tablespoon of the mixture into your palm. Roll it into a ball.
- Repeat this step with the rest of your fruit and nut mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the matzo meal with the shredded coconut.
- Roll each ball in the coconut and matzo meal mixture to coat.
- Place your finished treats onto a cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
For more Passover recipes, activities, and kid-friendly seder ideas, visit our Passover Guide.
« Find more activities, book lists, and recipes
March 28, 2017