Sukkot is almost here! It's common to decorate a sukkah with a few fruits and vegetables from the harvest. You can give your sukkah—or your front doorstep—a little extra personality by painting faces on large seasonal gourds.
2020 QUICK GUIDE TO CELEBRATING SUKKOT WITH KIDS
This Activity Works With These Books:
Nontoxic acrylic paint
Sticky googly eyes (optional)
- Cover your workspace with some newspaper.
- Lay out your gourds and pour paint into trays or paper plates.
- Let your creativity flow! Try painting friendly and unfriendly faces on your gourds. What do they look like with eyebrows?
- Experiment with all sorts of faces.
- Add googly eyes if you have them.
- Display in your sukkah for friends to enjoy.
7 Children’s Books About Sukkot
Teaching Kids to Welcome Guests
Books About Welcoming Guests
How to Build a Sukkah With Your Family
Want to learn more about Sukkot? Visit PJ Library’s Everything You Need to Teach Your Kids About Sukkot page.
September 24, 2020