Spread some light to a friend in need with this get-well gift.
Like the PJ Library Facebook page to watch LIVE cooking demos of recipes and activities!
- A plain canvas bag or large white paper bag
- Piece of cardboard or some scrap paper
- Art supplies like markers, ink pads, paint, stickers
- Paper or card stock
- Small toys, games, and goodies
- A small flashlight
- Decorate a bag. Place cardboard or scrap paper inside to keep the art from leaking. Have fun decorating with fabric paint, stamps, markers, and other supplies.
- As your bag dries, make a get-well card on paper or card stock.
- Fill bag with books, games, toys, stickers, crayons, and other fun items. Put get-well card on top.
- Deliver the bag to a friend who is feeling sick or make a bunch for children in a local hospital -- just be sure to doublecheck with the hospital staff about what items they need and can accept.
Don’t forget to share photos of your Hanukkah crafts and recipes with other PJ families. Use #pjlibrary on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
« Find more activities, book lists, interviews, and recipes
November 3, 2017