Add more light to the Festival of Lights with this glowing pathway. Guide friends and family to your festivities.
Like the PJ Library Facebook page to watch LIVE cooking demos of recipes and activities!
- Old newspaper
- Glow-in-the-dark spray paint
- Optional: Glow-in-the-dark puff paint, stickers, glitter
- Take a walk and collect some rocks. Scrape off dirt before starting.
- Tip: Too cold to be outside? Grab a bag of “river rocks” from your local craft or hardware store.
- Cover your workspace with newspaper pages. Coat rocks with spray paint – three times each, with at least 15 minutes between coats.
- When dry, add glow-in-the-dark puff paint, stickers, or glitter to decorate.
- Place under direct light to “charge.”
- Make an indoor pathway to your Hanukkah menorah or an outdoor lane for visiting friends and family. Make sure to turn out other lights for a real treat!
Don’t forget to share photos of your Hanukkah crafts and recipes with other PJ families. Use #pjlibrary on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
« Find more activities, book lists, interviews, and recipes
November 3, 2017