(A variation of Charades)
Recommended Ages: 4 and up
Number of Players: 2 or more
Goal: To guess the kindness act that a player is pantomiming. Note: This game can be played for points. Each time a player correctly guesses an action, she is given the card that describes that action. In a point-scoring game, the winner is the player who holds the most cards at the end of the game.
1. Remove the Mensch Card from the deck of cards
2. Place the remaining cards in a pile, face down, so that no one can see the cards.
1. Player #1 (The Actor) picks a card from the deck.
2. Player #1 reads aloud the Kindness Card Category listed on top of the card (i.e. Be Kind to Animals).
3. Player #1 now silently acts out the action that is written on the bottom of the card (i.e. Make a Bird House).
4. All players try to guess what Player #1 is doing. Players shout out their answers. Player #1 points to the player who has correctly guessed the action.
5. If playing for points, Player #1 gives the player who has correctly guessed the action (Player #2) the card that describes that action.
6. Play continues with Player #2 now choosing a card, announcing the Kindness Card Category, and acting out the action described on the card.
7. Play as many rounds as desired.
For a more challenging game, players must first act out the Kindness Card Category written on top of the card. Once the correct category has been guessed, the player then acts out the action described on the bottom of the card.