Every year in December, PJ Library gives the gift of Jewish music PJ Library families. Just like PJ Library books, PJ Library music celebrates Jewish themes, holidays, traditions, and values. A committee of professionals, early childhood educators, musicians and parents carefully chooses the music.
Read More: How PJ Library Music Helped My Family
Explore the Music
Music Selection Guidelines
As the Music Selection Committee reviews Jewish children's music for PJ Library, it asks:
- Is this music suited for children between the ages of six months and eight years?
- Are the music and lyrics engaging for young children (and their parents)?
- Is the music appropriate for families of varying levels of Jewish engagement or observance (or differing Jewish beliefs)?
- Does the music and its lyrics reflect the contemporary Jewish experience of diverse families?
- Will this music deepen understanding about Jewish life?
- Is the music and vocals a high-quality production?
In order to best appeal to our audience, the PJ Library program does not send out music that:
- Is entirely Hebrew.
- Is primarily prayer.
- Is aimed at an audience older than 8 years of age.
- Is part of a "package," requiring or including supplemental materials (i.e., multiple CDs, accompanying books, curricula, etc.).