NEWS OF PJ’S THREE MILLIONTH book delivery has been spreading like wildfire. Since PJ Library founder Harold Grinspoon delivered free children’s book #3,000,000 alongside program director Marcie Greenfield Simons and PJ book author Ann Koffsky, Jewish and secular press outlets have been giving the event a lot of attention.
As described in our original “PJ Library Delivers 3 Millionth Book” blogpost, PJ Library now sends 100,000 free books and music to families each month — up from just 200 a month in 2005. So, it’s no wonder that so many news agencies are reporting PJ’s latest benchmark achievement.
PJ’S ‘3 MILLIONTH’ IN THE NEWS
If you’re looking to read more about PJ Library’s 3 millionth book delivery, there’s no shortage of content. Here’s a rundown of published news stories about the event (it’s by no means an exhaustive list):
- Star-Ledger — This major New Jersey newspaper included its write-up in both its print and online versions.
- Huffington Post — The HuffPost Blog ran an OpEd from PJ Library founder Harold Grinspoon about the 3 millionth book and the state of Jewish literacy.
- The Jewish Advocate — This popular Jewish newspaper provides good coverage of the milestone event (password required for full version).
- The Times of Israel and JTA — Uriel Heilman spotlights PJ Library and its impact within the Jewish world.
- Patch — AOL’s online news network covered PJ Library’s 3 millionth book delivery via its Livingston, NJ Patch outlet.
- TheAlternativePress — Writer Christy Potter Kass captures the moment in her account of the 3 millionth book milestone.
- New Jersey Jewish News — Writer Johanna Ginsberg spoke with the family to whom the 3 millionth book was given for this news account.
- MyJewishDetroit — The blog of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit features this story, which includes an interview of a PJ family impacted by the program and impressed by its 3 millionth book benchmark.
- RJ Blog — PJ Library author Ann Koffsky, creator of PJ Library selection Noah’s Swim-a-Thon, wrote this wonderful first-person account of the 3 millionth book delivery.
- Barista Kids — Blog editor-in-chief Georgette Gilmore offers readers of this hyperlocal parenting blog a photo-driven account of the event.